The Centenary of the CWGC
The Commonwealth War Graves Commission ensures that 1.7 million Commonwealth Forces who died in the two world wars will never be forgotten. They care for cemeteries and memorials at 23,000 locations, in 154 countries. The values and aims, laid out in 1917, are as relevant now as they were a 100 years ago.Find out more
The ebluey Final Despatch
The e-bluey entered service on the 29 June 1999 and was withdrawn from use on the 31 March 2017. At its operational peak the e-bluey secure website dealt with over 100,000 items of mail per month whilst the e-bluey service itself accounted for over 80% of the letters sent between British Service personnel and their family and friends whilst on operations.Find out more
Welcome to the British Forces Philatelic Service, a not-for-profit Community Interest Company(CIC) which operates the Forces Philatelic Bureau on behalf of the British Forces Post Office (BFPO). BFPS is run by volunteers who are all ex-Services.
We fundraise for our Forces charities through philately - our commemorative covers, first day covers, and books are available to everyone through our Online Shop and the sale of these helps our heroes.
Our aim is to provide a comprehensive philatelic service to organisations, units and charities who wish to mark special events, whilst raising money for Service charities. We do this by:
- Providing a free advisory service on British Forces related philately.
- Producing special first day and commemorative covers for sale at special events.
- Using our website to promote British Forces philately to as wide an audience as possible.
- Marketing BFPS covers past and present via our online shop.
- Issuing British Forces Postal Service serial numbers for special handstamps.
- Providing design/production of special handstamps, first day and commemorative covers.
We can help you mark your special event and raise money for Forces Charities
Get the news on our latest covers