CC20 Britain Declares War
The Forces Philatelic Bureau in conjunction with the Imperial War Museum's First World War Centenary Initiative has produced a special cover to commemorate the "Declaration of War" 1914.Find out more
CC19 BFPO The Great War
British Forces Philatelic Service has produced a special commemorative cover to coincide with the 'The Great War' issue of stamps from Royal Mail on 28th July.Find out more
CC18/A - SSAFA Chairman signed
The British Forces Philatelic Service (BFPS), in partnership with SSAFA, is producing a special commemorative cover to mark Armed Forces Day on the 28th June 2014. This is the first time a special cover has been issued for Armed Forces Day.Find out more
Welcome to the British Forces Philatelic Service, a not-for-profit Community Interest Company(CIC) which operates the Forces Philatelic Bureau on behalf of the British Forces Post Office (BFPO). BFPS is run by volunteers who are all ex-Services.
We fundraise for our Forces charities through philately - our commemorative covers, first day covers, and books are available to everyone through our Online Shop and the sale of these helps our heroes.
Our aim is to provide a comprehensive philatelic service to organisations, units and charities who wish to mark special events, whilst raising money for Service charities. We do this by:
- Providing a free advisory service on British Forces related philately.
- Producing special first day and commemorative covers for sale at special events.
- Using our website to promote British Forces philately to as wide an audience as possible.
- Marketing BFPS covers past and present via our online shop.
- Issuing British Forces Postal Service serial numbers for special handstamps.
- Providing design/production of special handstamps, first day and commemorative covers.
We can help you mark your special event and raise money for Forces Charities
Get the news on our latest covers
* BFPS special handstamps *
BFPS 3178 The Red Arrows 50 Display Seasons 30 September 2014
BFPS 3177 Britain Declares War 4 August 2014